I downloaded via iTunes the new Magnetic Fields’ I. Here’s my review:
- I adore “I.”
- “I” is Cole Porter wrapped in John Cash and covered in the sexual melting pot of Morrissey and Modest Mouse.
- “I” puts the lie to the death of AOR.
- “I” is a coherent, sad, and ultimately guilty explication of what happens when a person loves falling out of love with someone.
- “I” is somehow timely yet impotent in the face of gay legal marriage.
- The Magnetic Fields has a very fine website which also houses info about sister/brother bands Future Bible Heroes, The 6ths, and The Gothic Archies.