Reasons I completely dislike Twitter:
- It reminds me of the word “twit.”
- It has all of the panache and weight of a Cliff Notes book.
- It exudes a lack of confidence in the permanence of our experiences.
- It smells like teen spirit.
- It takes the place of blogs, which are now the more-thoughtful electronic communication tool, which, in turn, is hard to believe.
- It creates a kind of enforcement of followers.
- It further glamorizes celebrity at the risk of shunning important content.
- It places urgency above explication.
- It creates new demands on our mental space, which is increasingly limited by the detrititus of impoverished, short-term thinking.
- It is cute.
I signed up for an account and you can follow it at https://twitter.com/deckchairs