The Year 2004 was the year of the weblog. More people understood what a blog was, more participated in an individual or community blog, more used blogging technology in some form or another, and more people looked up the word “blog” than any other.
In lieu of actually coming up with my own favorite blogs where you’ll find tremendous overlap with others, here are the top favorite weblos of 2004, in no particular order but my own:
- Kottke.org: A good list of great reads.
- Fimoculous.com: I’ve not seen this blog before (it is ugly) but I didn’t quite realize how good waxy.org is.
- 2004 Weblog Awards: Nice categorization and the picks were based on over 350,000 votes cast.
- Intelliseek’s BlogPulse 2004 Year in Review: Their Top Blogs Cited in 2004 graph is fascinating. Who the hell is Huge Hewitt?
- Sheilla Ann Manuel Coggins of About.com: This is actualy a listing of top 10 weblog tools, but they look nice on one page.
- eye weekly’s reader’s choice awards: Torontonians have their fill here.
- Deckchairs.net: Hey, if Jason can recommend his own blog at #0, I can recommend this as my favorite “Favorite Weblogs of 2004”!